Monday, May 1, 2017

I'm Back!!

Hello Everyone!
It has been a long time since I've posted.  In May 2015, I started graduate school online.  During this time, there have been a lot of things going on personally.  These things when added to the stress of school made my general anxiety much worse.  So even though I had started this blog and had a good flow going, I had to make a sacrifice.  I so much wanted to sacrifice school but I had to finish.  Not because I wanted to but because a financial situation was threatening me to pull out of school.  (Yes this is backwards I know.)

I wanted my completion of school to be on me not on anyone else.  Since my financial aid was not enough to cover my semester, I needed to pay up or else.  I didn't like that.  However, there was a lesson in all of this.  I did not view ending school without graduating as quitting.  Finishing school had no merit to me anymore. (Now I can see why many successful people have started school. Hmm..)  I learned that I have to be in control of my life.  I then was faced with my next challenge.  WHAT TO DO NOW?

First, I signed up for the payment plan but still.  What do I do?  How do I do it?  Getting the plan gave me time.  So one day, I'm sitting and I think why not start a GoFund Me campaign.  I felt like this was a long shot but I figured that I had the idea so why not.

I created the campaign.  Things were slow at first, I second guessed myself but I just kept at it.  I reached out to a few people and I was surprised by how much some people actually donated.  I did not get it completely funded but I got just enough support from others that I was able to not feel so stretched to do it all on my family's back.

So with figuring out the entire picture of being in school while managing everyday things including my anxiety it was just too much to maintain. So I had to take a break from blogging for awhile.  But now that saying, if you love something let it go and if it comes back then it was meant to be.  Well, I guess that's what I've got.

Even though I have not been posting, I have been thinking.  I have some things that I want to roll out really soon.  In the meantime, be patient with me.  I have to figure out a new routine for all of the things in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment