Monday, January 2, 2017

My Homemade Conditioner

So for the past few months I have been using a homemade conditioner which compliments the Shea Moisture Shampoo that I use.  I tend to get compliments on my hair any time that I use this conditioner so I will share it with you in case you want to try it.  New Year's Eve was no exception (see photo below).

Back Story
I could not figure out for the life of me why I could not achieve the looks that I see many bloggers and vloggers wearing.  Well, let me first warn you, my hair is not the same as someone else's hair.  My hair needs different things (that's why there's so much variety out there).

Recipe
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup honey
apple cider vinegar
olive oil
egg* (optional)
cinnamon* (optional)

messy t-shirt
conditioner cap

Directions
Melt the coconut oil, add in the honey, put in just a little apple cider vinegar & olive oil.  Optional: add in one egg.  Sprinkle in some cinnamon.  Mix all ingredients.

Wash hair like usual.  Apply the conditioner.  **Conditioner will make you sticky.**
Option 1: Let the conditioner sit in hair with a conditioning cap.  Then rinse thoroughly.
Option 2: Rinse out the conditioner.


Shop for the ingredients on Amazon.com:
Coconut Oil: http://amzn.to/2iXzAg7
Apple Cider Vinegar: http://amzn.to/2hLrLfZ

No comments:

Post a Comment